Bad Florida Privacy And Cookie Policies
Last Updated: September 7, 2023
- About individuals who visit, use, or interact with the Bad Florida Properties and want to find out more about your data protection rights, please see “Your Data Protection Rights“.
If you are resident of California, see “California Notice“ for a declaration of your data protection rights.
If you have any questions, you may contact us by email.
SECTION 1 – WHO WE ARE
A reference to “Bad Florida” “we” or “our” means Bad Florida (www.badflorida.com).
Bad Florida provides curated headlines with links to prevailing stories about current events worldwide. We operate a website and mobile applications, each “Digital Properties”. We provide information to the public and digital advertising space to our “Media Buyers” who are advertisers and other ad partners looking to distribute relevant ad content on our Digital Properties. We display relevant online advertising to end users (“End Users”) who interact with our Digital Properties.
Bad Florida may also share or license certain information about End Users collected in connection with our partners, agencies and other interested third parties, to help them better promote transparency and protect against fraud.
Bad Florida also collects information from individuals when they visit, use, or interact with: (i) www.drudgereport.com and other websites operated by us, including Bad Florida’s client interfaces (the “Websites”); (ii) our software applications (the “Apps”); (collectively, our “Bad Florida Properties”).
SECTION 2 – THINGS WE PROMISE NOT TO DO
This Section covers the specific things that we promise not do to that you might be concerned about.
• We do not collect your email address, name, or telephone number(s) in order to use our web site.
• We do not collect your email address, name, or telephone number(s) when you use our news tip feedback form, unless you choose to include that information in the free form text field. Only your IP address is collected in order to limit abuse of the web form.
• We do not send marketing or sales emails to you.
SECTION 3 – PRIVACY FOR THE BAD FLORIDA PROPERTIES
This Section describes how we collect and use information when visitors interact with or use any of the Bad Florida Properties (such as our Website and mobile apps).
3.1 WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
Information that individuals provide voluntarily.
Although our Website does not ask for this information, our mobile Apps may ask visitors to provide personal information voluntarily: for example, we may collect personal information when a visitor registers the app, or otherwise contacts us.
The personal information we collect may include contact information (such as name, address, telephone number, or email address) and contact preferences. It may also include professional information, such as job title, department or job role, and the nature of an individual’s request or communication. We may also collect information that visitors choose to provide to us when completing any ‘free text’ boxes in our forms (for example, for news tips). Please do not post any information that you do not want to reveal to the public at large. We do not collect any personal information from our news tips form, except the End User IP address which is only used to prevent abuse of the form.
Information we or our third-party partners collect automatically
When using the Bad Florida Properties, we or our third-party partners may automatically collect certain information from an individual’s device. In some countries, including countries in the EU, this information may be considered personal data under applicable data protection laws.
3.2 HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
We may use information collected from the Bad Florida Properties for the following purposes:
- To send administrative information. For example, to send information regarding our services and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- Interest-based advertising and analytics. We may partner with certain third parties to collect information on Bad Florida Properties to engage in analysis, auditing, research, and reporting, as well as to deliver advertising that we believe may interest you based on your activity on the Bad Florida Properties and other websites over time. These third parties may set and access cookies on your computer or other device and may also use pixel tags, web logs, web beacons, or other similar technologies. For more information about these practices and how to opt out, please see Standard Website Cookie Policies here.
- To manage accounts and provide customer support or other services. For example, we may use information to create or administer Bad Florida accounts and to provide customer support or other requested services or information.
- To select content and improve quality. We may use information to help improve the Bad Florida Properties and to ensure that content on the Bad Florida Properties is presented in the most effective manner for your device.
- For legal purposes. We may use information as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with subpoenas, warrants, or other legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
- For our business purposes. We may use information for our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, and to evaluate and improve our products, services, marketing, and client relationships.
- 3.3 COOKIES AND SIMILAR TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
3.4 Policy pertains to minors/children, 18 years old, or younger or any other individuals under legal supervision of guardianship.
The Bad Florida Properties are not intended for nor directed to individuals that are deemed to be children under applicable data protection or privacy laws, and we request that such individuals do not provide information through any of the Bad Florida Properties